Elite Experts Program Manager - Amdocs Learning Talent Development
After earning my degree in hotel management and being accepted into Marriott's International's Management Training program, I began a promising career in the hospitality industry, growing hotels and other businesses in Dubai, India, the US and UK.
During that time, I travelled the world, came to truly understand the value of hard work and was able to enter in to conversations with great minds from diverse backgrounds. I was growing professionally and evolving personally. What I didn't realize at the time, was that the lessons I was learning from my career in the hospitality industry were only not grooming me for further corporate success; rather, they were preparing me for something far greater.
I believe that we each achieve our version of success by getting to know our inner selves and understanding what drives us. I believe that success is finding our purpose, and then designing a life that embraces it.
I chose to take on great risks by leaving my career and becoming a motivational speaker because after years of searching and self-discovery, I had finally found my own purpose.
I came to realize that I wanted to lead a life fuelled by the desire to serve, to uplift and to empower people from all walks of life. After spending close to a decade leading diverse, multinational teams, I took the first step in the next leg of my journey by becoming a Certified NLP Practitioner and Personal Performance Coach from the UK.
Since entering into a career as a motivational speaker, I have spoken with more than 100 groups—from CEOs to young professionals and students—from more than 50 nationalities. I have led discussions in settings ranging from small strategy meetings to retreats, student orientations and annual business conferences.
I’ve entered into dialogues with business leaders and their teams about embracing a strategy that sets them on the path to growth. I also have spoken to many young people—young adults to students in business school—about tuning in to their inner voice to lead an authentic and inspired life.
I remain open to learning more each day and cherish each new opportunities to share what I've learned so far: that our choices are more powerful than our circumstances, that our past should not dictate our future, and that our experiences should not stifle our imagination.
- Gas Station Attendant/ Store Cashier
- Night Fill Assistant
- Car Washer
- Banquet Server
- Security Guard
5 Odd Jobs that have taught me the value of hard work-
- Elon Musk
- Azim Premji
- Howard Schultz
- E. Sreedharan
- Mark Zuckerberg
5 Business Leaders/Entrepreneurs
who inspire me–
- “He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.” Friedrich Nietzsche
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” Viktor Frankl
- “Education is most powerful weapon to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
- “The world is but a canvas to our imaginations” Henry David Thoreau
- “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” W.B. Yeats
My Favourite One Liners –
- IIM (Ahmedabad and Lucknow).
- The Hotel School Sydney, Australia.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh.
- Baring Union Christian College, Batala.
- St. Francis School, Batala
5 Institutes that gave wings to my dreams-
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Dr. Viktor Frankl
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Pour your heart into it by Howard Schultz
5 Books that always have something new to teach me-
- Chandigarh (India)
- Sydney (Australia)
- Dorking (Surrey, UK)
- Dubai (UAE)
- Scottsdale (AZ, USA)
5 Cities that have been my home away from home–